Central-Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Central-Point

A friendly place for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgendered people to meet other like minded people.. All ages welcome but please read terms and conditions and code of conduct

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two technical suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boyfrompluto
Beginners LUCK
Beginners LUCK
boyfrompluto

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Two technical suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 am

Hey Zeon, or whoever does the technical magic, please don't take this as a grumbling criticism. I'm trying to be constructive. The site's looking good, but I remembered two things that puzzled me or confused me or seemed a bit strange when I first came here. Maybe, just maybe, other potential newbies have felt the same; and then gone away.

(1) The first, and only thing, I saw on my screen when I first visited was the message "You are disconnected". confused Yes I know I AM a bit, as it were, 'disconnected' personally. But I assumed that Central-Point meant my internet connection was somehow faulty. Of course, I now know the message was referring to me not being in the chat room. Could the chat room be moved, perhaps to the bottom of the screen, so that first-time visitors don't get confronted with the "You are disconnectecd" message?

(2) I looked for, but couldn't find, a big happy button labelled Click here to join. Can we have one? Is it possible? Actually 3 buttons would be nice, all big and happy of course: sunny Click here to join, flower Members sign in, and jocolor Welcome guest - click here to look round.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/boyfrompluto
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 2:34 pm

Hello there boy,
Thank you for your feedback this is confirmation that it has been viewed and I shall be getting in touch with my technical man on MSN who helped design the site to request your changing in improvements...

#I do agree with both points as myself it doesnt state how to join upto the forum

regards

zeon
Back to top Go down
https://central-point.forumotion.com
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 5:28 pm

message from tech dept

You cant really have a big "JOIN HERE" button, it's just the register link at the top of the page, and you cant edit the template without putting in cash for points on the management side of things

As its free to join ill have to keep the second idea as a normal method lol
Back to top Go down
boyfrompluto
Beginners LUCK
Beginners LUCK
boyfrompluto

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 1:09 am

Zeon wrote:
... You cant really have a big "JOIN HERE" button, it's just the register link at the top of the page, and you cant edit the template without putting in cash for points on the management side of things ...

Okay. Thanks Zeon. I guessed that the screen layout for joining and logging in might be part of the template provided by Forumotion, and that you couldn't change it. Visitors who really WANT to join, will find out what to do anyway. I had never used a forum before this one, so perhaps I'm not a typical visitor.

I see that the chat room, with its disconcerting "You are disconnected" message is now at the bottom. That's much better. I can remember having worried thoughts about broken internet connections and viruses when I first saw that message on my screen.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/boyfrompluto
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:23 am

hehe bless yas im glad ya didnt have any of those mindu u should try AVG ANTI VIRUS and Zone alarm firewall both excellent progras to use to protect ya computer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two technical suggestions   Two technical suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Two technical suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central-Point :: Feedback section-
Jump to: