Central-Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Central-Point

A friendly place for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgendered people to meet other like minded people.. All ages welcome but please read terms and conditions and code of conduct

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Som

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Som Empty
PostSubject: Som   Som EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 3:14 pm

I found the following report on a disease known as Staph

Recently doctors in Los Ageles have been seeing an increasing number of patients with skin infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus ("staph") bacteria that are resistant to many antibiotics. The los angeles county dep[artment of health services is working with doctors and other healthcare providers to better understand why this i happenning an how to prevent antibiotic resistant staph from spreading.

What is Staph infection

Staph is a bacteria copmmonly found on human skin. Sometimes it does not cause any problems, sometimes it causes minor infections such as pimples or boils. Staph skin infections often begin with an in jury to the skin. Staph enters through the skin weakened by the injury and develops into an ifection. Symptoms of staph infection include redness warth swelling tenderness of the skin boils and blisters.

How do staph skin infections spead?

The cleanest person can get staph infection. Staph can rub off the skin of an infected person onto the skin of another person during prolonged skin to skin contact between them.Or the staph can come off of the infectd skin of a person onto commonly shared objects nd surfaces and get onto the skin of a person who uses it next. Example of commonly shared objects include personal hygiene objects such as towels soap clothes benches in saunas or hot ubs and atrhletic equipment in othr words anything that could have touched the skin of a staph infected person can carry the bacteria to the skin of another person

How can i prevent myself from getting infected?

Avoid prolonged skin to skin contact with anyone you suspect could have a staph skin infection. Do not share personal items ith other people. Clean objects and surfaces that you share with other people such as the itms listed above (in previous paragreaph) before using.

What should i do if i think i have a staph skin infection?

If you susp[erct thatr you might have staphg skin infectin, coult your doctor or healthgcare provider as soon as possible. Early treatment can be help prevent the infection from getting worse. Be sure to follow each direction from yor doctor or healthcare provider closely even when you start to feel better. Weak opr inomplete treatments of staph infections lead to stronger anibiotic resistant bacteria

If my healthcare provider has told me that i have an antiboitic reistant staph infection what can i do to keep others from getting infected?

You can prevent the spreading by following these simple steps.

1, Keep the infected area covered with clean dry bandage pus from infected wounds is very infectious
2, Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water espcially after changing your bandages or touching the infected skin.
3, Regularly clean your bathroom and peronal items. Wash linens and clothes that become soiled with HOT WATER and bleach, when possible. Dying clothes in a hot dryer than air drying also helps kill bacteria in clothes.
4,Tell any healtyhcare providers who treatr you that you have an antiboitic resistant staph skinb infection.

Zeon notes:

This is not HIV or AIDS related and does not kill you by the way..
Back to top Go down
https://central-point.forumotion.com
jv88011
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Som Empty
PostSubject: Re: Som   Som EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:36 am

WOW

that is some great information!

should however be noted that this site is not intended to diagnose or give methods of treatment, if you have any issues it is always best to consult a doctor.

-Joseph V
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jv_103
Zeon
Admin
Zeon

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Som Empty
PostSubject: Re: Som   Som EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 12:52 pm

cheers JVforgot to mention that bit lol i am gona update some more info on various diseases as this is like the forums little medical section hehe

regards

zeon
Back to top Go down
https://central-point.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Som Empty
PostSubject: Re: Som   Som Empty

Back to top Go down

Som
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central-Point :: Central Hospital (Help)-